Friday, November 21, 2008

Busy Weekend Ahead... wait... I'm not a super hero?


Some have said that planning isn't a strong suit of mine... I think 'the some' is right. My schedule in brief:
3:30 p.m. Take L'Aubergale on a long walk
4:00 p.m. Leave for Salem: wedding rehearsal
6:00 p.m. Leave Salem
7:00 p.m. Arrive for our Leadership Retreat
8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Retreat

7:00 p.m. Dinner with Friends

Sunday Morning is open: Yay!

Wedding in Salem @ 6:30 p.m.

So what was I thinking when I scheduled all this together... I mean, sure it can be done, but I'm no super hero... wait... I'm not a super hero?

I read comic books and watch movies about people doing extraordinary things... I think sometimes I believe that I'm supposed to do it all...

Well, the boots, cape and tights don't fit like they used to and I don't think I was ever meant to wear them...

If I'm not supposed to wear the tights boots and cape, who is? Is Jesus supposed to wear the outfit? In fact, maybe my hero epics get in the way of a messiah that doesn't wear the garb of a super hero.

Maybe, that's what was wrong with people who approached Jesus looking for a show? Maybe they wanted a super hero and not a Messiah?

Thoughts?

1 comment:

eRIN said...

I definitely get the super hero complex from time to time, thinking I should be able to do it all. Only going into my 3rd year as a school counselor, I feel like I should be able to juggle it all and know all there is to know. I act as if I'm suppose to be the savior, thus making myself crazy when I fall way short of the mark. I think God gets frustrated with us when we play the super hero, b/c we're too busy screwing around to see what he's up to or to ask for his help.