Thursday, December 11, 2008

Big Ideas

So, I've been meaning to write down some of my 'big ideas' for a while... mainly to get them in a tangible form (instead of rattling around in my noggin) and to get some of your big ideas.

So heres a list of 'big ideas,' I'll unpack them in future posts:

Following Jesus is Simple (but not easy)
One must be a student of others
The now is vital to understand the 'not yet' of the kingdom... I think Jesus was more interested in us living into the now...
Mystery is essential to faith
God is not interested in competency
God is not interested in efficiency
God is not interested in safe
Faith is active and participatory not passive and apathetic
Values are the most difficult and time consuming issue in our lives
Restoration and reconciliation are byproducts of grace
Fear is a trademark of sin
Embracing non-arrival is a faith-filled act
Holy Leisure is a gift from God (Holy Leisure = doing nothing for God)
Placing ourselves in other people's orbit is vital to knowing God
Collaborative ideas create ownership
Community is a gift

The list will grow... but I'm excited about unpacking some of these Ideas with you...

let me know what 'big ideas' you'd add to the list...

grace and peace,

cv

1 comment:

BethInPortland said...

Not sure these are "big ideas" but I sure love em:

God gave you two ears and one mouth for a reason. (So listen well before speaking.)

Even God rested on the 7th day. (So don't overdo it.)

Hah!