Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Fear = Lack of faith....

I have been thinking about I John 4 lately. The words that are written are an invitation out of fear, especially the fear of the unknown.
I can't help but be fearful of the unknown dangers, toils and snares that lay before us as individuals, culture and world. I tend to worry about things I can't control rather than exercise my faith... Worry is a way for me to participate in fear.

I believe that God has yet to abandon me, and I don't think God is about to start abandoning me (us) any time soon... it's just that I fear what I can't control... I fear the unknown future...

When I'm afraid i don't function in being present in the 'right now' of life. I usually gravitate toward an overwhelming sense of doom... that things aren't going to work out... that everything is going somewhere I don't want to go...

I once saw a bumper sticker that said, "Where are we going? and why am I in this hand-basket?"

If my fear is all tied up in what I can control then where does faith come in?

I have no idea how this whole economy thing is going to turn out... I don't think I'm supposed to know, mainly because I need to exercise my faith...

Faith that God is up to amazing things. Fear is my lack of faith.

"Perfect love drives out all fear" I John 4: 18

No comments: