Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Let it Snow... Let it Snow... Let it... stop snowing

I really like snow... I like to drive in the snow... I like to play in the snow... I like the way it looks and feels... I like looking out my window at the snow falling... you could say I'm infatuated by it...

Right now it's snowing in Portland... it's been snowing consistently since the 14th of December... In north east portland, where Stacy and I live, there is about a 1 1/2 feet of snow and ice on the ground... and the snow continues to fall... we woke up to 3" this morning, and we should get 3' more by 10 p.m.

Like I said before, I like snow... but this snowfall has had it's consequences on my need for community... I find that the prolonged snow exposure has caused a selfishness fatigue. I feel a certain amount of cabin fever setting in. I'm actually disappointed I don't get to share my excitement with those I care most about...

The absence of having the worship gathering (worship service) has been difficult. We haven't met as a congregation for 2 Sundays due to the snow. In turn, I urn for being with my family of faith. I miss being with the people God has entrusted to my care (and me to their care).

I hope we are able to have a good turnout for our Christmas Eve worship gathering... I wait with anticipation for our time together and urn to share life together... it's amazing how absence makes the heart grow fonder...

This urning might be what advent is all about. I believe that there is a sense within us all of wanting what could be... I hope for reconciliation... not only personally... but in the context of community...

I have concluded that we must place ourselves in one another's orbit for reconciliation to happen... for what good is personal reconciliation, redemption, or revelation if they are not for the good of the community?

1 comment:

eRIN said...

I've missed Vibrant as well. I look forward to this Sunday!